Eating bananas have soooo many health benefits, but here’s a little recipe I use at home to stick all that gloryness onto my face…..perfect home made facemask!!!!
Half a ripe Banana
1 tablespoon oatmeal, finely ground
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
A few drops of honey
1. Mash half the banana and add to the yogurt and the oatmeal in a small bowl and mix together.
2. Warm a few drops of honey. To do this, warm a spoon under hot water for a minute then add a few drops of honey to the spoon.
3. Stir the honey into the yogurt and oatmeal mixture.
4. Make sure your face is washed & your make up removed before you apply the mask.
5. Apply the mask gently to your face.
6. Leave it on for 10 minutes.
7. Then rinse it off with several splashes of warm water.
8. Pat your face dry with a warm towel.
Banana’s contain vitamin B6, vitamin C, Manganese, Magnesium, Potassium and enzymes. Making it ideal for formation and regeneration of new skin cells.
Oatmeal contains 18 different amino acids and has hypo allergenic properties that help heal blemishes, rashes, allergies and repair damaged skin. Oatmeal can absorb and remove skin impurities while providing very gentle exfoliation, leaving skin smooth, soft, and clean with a healthy glow.
Yogurt is effective at cleansing and disinfecting pores, preventing acne, moisturizing the skin and revitalizing its texture. Yogurt’s antibacterial and antifungal properties make it a useful, de-germing cleanser treating skin conditions such as acne and eczema, and its lactic-acid content soothes irritation, clarifies the pores and softens the skin.
Try it and let me know what you think!